Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Around the World in 2011

I anticipate that I will not be doing too much traveling in this new year. But, I don't want to give up the ability to discover new places. So, my goal is to read books set in as many different countries (as well as the 50 states) over the next 12 months. At first, I thought I'd devote one month to a given country or region, but then I decided that would prevent me from visiting more than 12 or so places, and I find that if I read to many books in a row set in similar places that I start to get bored. So, I figure I will take advantage of the cost-efficiency of armchair travel and allow myself to skip from Botswana to Thailand to Mexico without a thought about what it would cost me in air travel. I have a lot of books on my shelves set in various locations that I'm looking forward to reading, but I also look forward to discovering new authors and series and countries. Book Lust To Go is going to come in very handy, and I hope that I will also receive many recommendations from friends and family as the year progresses - fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, travel narratives - I'll take them all. Bon Voyage!!

No comments: