Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Magical leprechauns, gold coins, brilliants greens - what's not to love about St. Patrick's Day?  Well, maybe not the excessive revelry for some, but as a holiday for kids, there's so much to do with St. Patrick's.  When it comes to reading up on a subject, I've come to find that Gail Gibbons can usually be counted on to have some sort of straight-forward factual background material suitable for children.  She did not let me down here, and I recently borrowed St. Patrick's Day to give my kids a sense of who St. Patrick was, why we celebrate St. Patrick's Day, and of course, all the fun we can have with it.

Even though St. Patrick's Day has come and gone, I have no problem celebrating holidays throughout the month, so if you haven't had your fill of green, here are a few we've enjoyed:


And for adults looking for books set in Ireland, there are a million, but here are a few of my favorites:

No comments: