Tuesday, February 1, 2022

January Review and Plans for February

 


I read more this month than I have in a very long time.  I'm not quite sure what accounted for this - though I did make a goal to read at least 20 minutes of non-fiction a day.  I can't say I tracked this, but I did find that when I did it, I often went for much longer.  And then, I really wanted to get my fiction reading in on top of it, so instead of substituting for my fiction, I just did it in addition.  I'm not sure how sustainable that will be going forward!  I also discovered hoopla, which allows me to check out e-books from the library.  I don't generally like to read on an e-reader, but I found for non-fiction, it was kind of nice to have it on my computer - it made reading those books more like reading a newspaper article.  I'm going to try a little more of that in February.  Though, I do have some very LONG books I'd like to get through and may need to hunker down in a comfy chair for hours on end to meet those goals.  Looking forward to a short, but fun, month of reading.

Goal Books for January:
  1. How the Word is Passed by Clint Smith (Non-Fiction/Book Club/Library)
  2. The Guncle by Steven Rowley (Fiction/Shelves)
  3. Facing the Mountain by Daniel James Brown (Non-Fiction/Shelves)
  4. The Sweeney Sisters by Lian Dolan (Fiction/Shelves)
Books read in January:
  1. How the Word is Passed by Clint Smith (Non-Fiction/Book Club/Library)
  2. The Guncle by Steven Rowley (Fiction/Shelves)
  3. The Sweeney Sisters by Lian Dolan (Fiction/Shelves)
  4. The Last Chance Library by Freya Sampson (Fiction/Shelves)
  5. Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle by Emily & Amelia Nagoski (Non-Fiction/Shelves)
  6. Apples Never Fall by Liane Moriarty (Fiction/Library)
  7. A Year to Live: How to Live this Year as if it Were Your Last by Stephen Levine (Non-Fiction/e-Library)
  8. Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore (Fiction/Library)
  9. The Silent Patient by Alex Michalides (Mystery/Library)
  10. The Upward Spiral by Alex Korb (Non-Fiction/e-Library)
  11. Red Rising by Pierce Brown (Fiction/Book Club/Library)
  12. Can't Even: How Millenials Became the Burnout Generation by Anne Helen Petersen (Non-Fiction/e-Library)
Goal Books for February:
  1. The Love Songs of W.E.B. duBois by Honorée Fanonne Jeffers (Fiction/Library)
  2. The Arthropocene Reviewed by John Green (Non-Fiction/Library)
  3. Seven Days in June by Tia Williams (Fiction/Book Club/Library)
  4. Obie by Schuyler Bailar (Fiction/Shelves)
Happy Reading!

No comments: