Saturday, March 6, 2010

I Feel Bad About My Neck - Nora Ephron

While packing up after visiting my mother one weekend, I needed to grab a book to read on the plane. This one was sitting on the dresser, so it seemed as good a book as any. Ephron, a screenwriter, famous for When Harry Met Sally, has thrown together random musings on being a woman of a certain age. This book is so short and such a quick read that unfortunately, I finished it before the plane ever boarded, and I was forced to do the Southwest magazine Sudoko puzzles for the remainder of the flight. For the most part, Ephron's observations were mundane - and the typical complaints of aging women - and while I hope I won't find this funny in 20 years, perhaps it is something that would appeal to someone a litlte bit older than me (but sadly, probably not THAT much older). This is definitely light, and probably every woman would see a little of herself in these pages. Something to quickly pass the time while waiting in line for coffee or at the post office.

No comments: