Monday, February 28, 2011

Dead and Gone - Charlaine Harris (Sookie Stackhouse #9)

I took a break from reading this series which I think was a good idea. Coming back to it, I was reminded of how fun it is - and it made me excited for the next season of True Blood to get started. As you can imagine, by the time you get to book 10 in a series about vampires and werewolves, things are bound to get a little nonsensical and crazy. And so in this installment, things focus a bit more on the faeries, Sookie's connection to them, and a was among them that leads a faction of the faeries to want to harm Sookie. In this book, also, the wereanimals/shifters finally come out to the population in general - leading to some violence as a result of discrimination agains the half-man/half-beasts. As usual, Sookie finds herself in the middle of the supernatural beings' wars, and while she'll never be my favorite character out there, I am still managing to have fun with this series.

No comments: