Monday, July 14, 2014

Everything England

In a little less than two weeks, our family is headed to England for a little adventure.  Assuming we survive the flight, we are looking forward to spending about twelve days in a small town located about an hour outside of London.  Whenever I travel, I like to immerse myself in books set in the place where I'm traveling.  When it comes to England, of course, this makes for a very broad reading selection.  Here are just a few I've enjoyed over the years.
As we prepare for our trip, I have also been seeking out children's books by British authors.  This week we've been reading:
  • Beatrix Potter's Stories
  • All things Roald Dahl (after finishing James and the Giant Peach, we've just moved on to Danny the Champion of the World)
  • Winnie the Pooh - A.A. Milne

I'm hoping our trip will bring me some quiet time to curl up with a blanket, a warm cup of tea, and a wonderfully British novel.

No comments: