Friday, January 1, 2021

Kicking off 2021: January Picks


January 2021

Happy New Year!  I'm always hoping to be more organized about my reading.  At the same time, I do like the freedom of just picking up whatever moves me in the moment, or the latest one that a friend excitedly recommends.  That being said, I'd like to try to finish about a book a week this year.  I tend to read about 3-4 books at a time of different genres, as I like to have a variety to choose from each day depending on my mood.  My rough goal is read read a mystery each month, along with a non-fiction book, a book sitting on my shelves at home, and a fiction book.  Sometimes, of course, these categories may overlap. My picks for January are:

  • The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith (mystery/on my bookshelf)
  • You Had Me at Hola  by Alexis Daria (romance/on my bookshelf/gift from friend)
  • Why Fish Don't Exist by Lulu Miller (non-fiction/for book club)
  • Real Life by Brendan Taylor (fiction/for work book club)
May 2021 bring lots of time for relaxing with a good book!

No comments: