Wednesday, March 31, 2021

March Review & Goals for April


My goal books for March were:
  1. Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi (Fiction/Book Club)
  2. The Adventure Gap by James Mills (Non-Fiction/Book Club)
  3. The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman (Mystery)
  4. Friends & Strangers by J. Courtney Sullivan (Fiction)

I didn't get to The Adventure Gap, as it is actually a book club pick for the first week of April, so hopefully I will read it this weekend!

In March, my reading felt a bit haphazard.  I had been trying to focus on one book at a time to see if that helped me focus, or get more into a given book at a given time.  I always think that I read multiple books at a time because I never know what mood I'll be in when I feel like reading - I might want a fiction book, I might want a mystery...but this month I realized that it's not so much about mood as about convenience.  I focused on one book, but then found myself running out the door and couldn't find that book so I just grabbed another, or I decided to read in the bath, but didn't want to go downstairs to grab a book and just took the one on the bedside table.  And, so I found myself in the middle of about 10 different books before I knew it!  Some happy medium must be discovered!

The books I finished in March were:
  1. Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi (Fiction/Book Club/My Shelves)
  2. The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman (Mystery/Library)
  3. Friends & Strangers by J. Courtney Sullivan (Fiction/Library)
  4. The Midnight Library by Matt Haig (Fiction/Library)
  5. Eat a Peach by David Chang (Memoir/Library)
  6. The Roommate by Rosie Danan (Romance/Library)

On my to-read list for April (I can't believe we're in April!).  

  1. The Adventure Gap by James Mills (Non-Fiction/Book Club)
  2. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (Fiction)
  3. All God's Children by Fox Butterfield
  4. The Henna Artist by Alka Joshi (Fiction)
I have so many books from the library piled up on my entry table, I need to stop the requests from coming in and spend time catching up!  Happy Reading!

No comments: