Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Update from May & Goals for June!

 

I felt like May was a slow reading month.  I'm not quite sure why - I think I felt more tired and had trouble focusing in the evenings.  Plus, I did get sucked in by a few episodes of Bosch.  Here were my goals for May (I completed the ones in bold, but not the one that should have been the easiest read!)

  1. They Called Us Enemy by George Takei (Graphic Novel/Book Club)
  2. In the Dream House by Carmen Maria Machado (Memoir/Book Club)
  3. One book that has been loaned to me!
  4. One book from my own bookshelves!
And here's what I ended up managing to get through:

  1. All Adults Here by Emma Straub (Fiction/Loaner)
  2. Black Buck by Mateo Askaripour (Fiction/Library)
  3. Writers & Lovers by Lily King (Fiction/Library)
  4. Dexter's Final Cut by Jeff Lindsay (Fiction/Library)
  5. In the Dream House by Carmen Maria Machado (Memoir/Library)
  6. The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine (Fiction/My bookshelf)

Goals for June:
  1. Orthodox by Deborah Feldman (Memoir/Book Club)
  2. The Biggest Bluff by Maria Konakova (Memoir/Book Club)
  3. Before the Coffee Gets Cold by Toshikazu Kawaguchi (Fiction)
  4. This is How it Always Is by Laurie Frankel (Fiction/My Bookshelf)
  5. The Alice Network by Kate Quinn (Fiction/Loaner)
I anticipate that June will be a rough month for work.  But, I am committed to keeping up on exercise (if on the treadmill does mean reading time), and sometimes reading does increase due to procrastination.  But, I also intend to prioritize sleep this month so that my work won't suffer, so that could affect the reading...we shall see how the patters emerge!

No comments: