Saturday, August 4, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling

http://www.powells.com/biblio/17-9780545010221-1 - The final installment of the Harry Potter series! I was excited to see how it would all turn out, but wanted to read it slowly so that it wouldn't be over. This book is full of surprises - happy and sad - for the true Harry Potter fan. I came across the first book in the series (The Sorcerer's Stone) in the children's section of my local bookstore during law school. I had never heard of it, and bought it on a whim, took it home and read it in one night. The second had already come out, so I rushed right out to get it. I've been hooked ever since - and love the movies too. I won't get into any plot details - they won't make sense for anyone who doesn't like HP, and anyone who does won't want to read a spoiler. But, I will say that I am very satisfied with how Rowling chose to wrap everything up. There is a small cameo by Sirius - my favorite character of the entire series. And my other two favorites, Snape and Neville, end up just as I would have expected (but not without doing a few surprising things first!). A truly amazingly wonderful series. I look forward to reading it all again...but not for many many years.

No comments: